Welcome to Hapcam (“Hapcam,” “we,” “us” or “our”). Hapcam provides a fast, easy and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform. Just snap a photo and it’s automatically shared with all your friends at the event.
3. Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly
1. Your username, password, phone number and e-mail address when you register for a Hapcam account.
2. User Content (e.g., photos, video clips, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
3. Communications between you and Hapcam. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. We want you to be in control of your information, so we let you update or correct most of the basic Hapcam account information by editing your account settings within Hapcam.
We collect information about your activity and the content you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a media file, the number of media files you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange media files with the most, which friends you go to events with the most and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message).
Finding your friends on Hapcam
1. If you choose, you can use our “Find friends” feature to locate other people with Hapcam accounts either through (i) your contacts list, or (ii) through a search of usernames on Hapcam.
2. If you choose to find your friends through (i) your device’s contacts list, then Hapcam will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Hapcam.
3. If you choose to find your friends (ii) through a search of usernames on Hapcam then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
4. Note about “Invite Friends” feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our “Invite friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Hapcam does not have access to or control this communication.
We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
Device Phonebook and Photos
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, addons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies
2. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that store information about your use of the Services, which can, among other things, help us see which areas and features of the Services are popular and let us count visits.
3. Web beacons are small pieces of software on a webpage or email that help us see how you interact with that webpage or email. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default.
4. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Keep in mind, though, that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Log file information
1. Log file information is automatically re ported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
2. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. Device identifiers:
1. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Hapcam.
2. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalised content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
1. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
2. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
2. remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
3. Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
4. provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
5. develop and test new products and features;
6. monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
7. diagnose or fix technology problems; and
8. automatically update the Hapcam application on your device.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Hapcam without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information
1. We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are part of the same group of companies that Hapcam is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
2. We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
3. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content
1. Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
2. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties, if any, using the Hapcam API have copied or saved that information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
1. We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of India where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Hapcam is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing
1. Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in India or any other country in which Hapcam, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
2. Hapcam, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
4. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Hapcam cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Hapcam or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
5. Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Hapcam, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Hapcam does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU CONTACT US
Whenever you have a question, comment or feedback for us, just visit the mobile application and select the Feedback option available in Settings. You may even contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, when you communicate with us in any way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit artwork, files, or any other materials to us through our websites or mobile application, we will collect what you give us.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Date Last Modified: This Privacy Notice was last modified January 13, 2016